Schedule & Registration
“Fun in French” is a bilingual weekly summer day camp held in July and August.
“Fun in French” is a bilingual weekly summer day camp held in the month of July for children (aged 4-9) who are learning or want to learn French as a second language. It gives children the opportunity to build and enhance their French as a second language while at the same time participating in a wide variety of high-quality educational programming delivered bilingually.
All participants in Fun in French will have French class taught by a qualified teacher.
- Children who are 4 and 5 years of age will have a French class for 45 minutes a day as well as arts and crafts in French for an additional 45 minutes. Parents have the option of having their child have a nap after lunch.
- Children between the ages of 6 to 9, will have French class for 90 minutes per day.
All counsellors are bilingual; however, we encourage our campers to communicate in French. The counsellors will speak in French first and if needed they will use gestures to help the children understand.
A Day at Camp
- Option A: 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
- Option B: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Check In:
Campers will begin their day in the schoolyard of Westboro Academy. In case of rain, please enter by the back side of the building, and refer to the communication board for the location of your child’s group. For safety reasons, all campers must be signed out by their parent or guardian.
- Late Arrivals: Programs begin at 9am. Should you arrive later, please report to the Camp office to sign in your child(ren).
- Early Departures: Should you need to pick up your child before 4 pm, please contact the Camp office to make arrangements, or report to the office upon your arrival. 613-737-9543.
- Check-out Procedures: Campers will only be allowed to leave with the people authorized to pick them up (See registration form).
Beyond Westboro Academy’s schoolyard and facilities, our location near Kaladar Park, provides open space, a natural setting and recreational opportunities.