Westboro Academy supports a positive nurturing environment for its students and its employees. Our school is located in Ottawa, the national capital, near Alta Vista. We recruit candidates who embrace our values of Excellence, Integrity and Respect.
A great place to work
Westboro Academy offers the opportunity to work toward achieving your professional and personal goals in a supportive environment that encourages teamwork, innovation and focused learning. Our school is committed to providing a respectful, equitable, and engaging educational and work environment.
- Teaching positions:
Our small student-teacher ratio gives faculty members the opportunity to personalize their teaching style as they make a difference in students’ lives. All applicants must be certified teachers with a passion for working with young people. Bilingualism is a strong asset, but not required, depending on the position.
- Program counsellors positions:
From time to time, we hire after-school program counsellors for our Before and After School Program. Our counsellors must have a valid police records check, first aid certification and an abundance of energy and creative ideas! They also have experience working with children and often have a background in camps.
Persons interested in submitting an application to be kept on file may do so by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include in the heading your specific area of interest.
Director of Marketing and Admissions
We are in search of a bilingual, part-time Director of Marketing and Admissions, starting in July 2020, to help build a solid marketing and student recruitment strategy for the school. We welcome applications from dynamic and proactive individuals who enjoy collaborating with others and thrive in a busy school environment.
Reporting directly to the Head of School, the newly revised position of Director of Marketing and Admissions will be responsible for:
Admissions strategy and data management:
- Leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive strategy for admissions and enrolment to the new school location (we moved in 2019);
- Meeting the target enrolment numbers for each year while optimizing the quality of incoming students;
- Leveraging relationships (faculty, staff, parents, alumni community) and networking opportunities (associations, agencies) that will be beneficial to attracting mission-appropriate students;
- Collecting, interpreting and using data to assess the effectiveness of the admission process and support strategic directions;
- Developing a monthly historical data set to be presented to the Board of Directors;
- Optimizing data tracking to improve the collection and reporting of inquiries, tours booked, applications and conversions of tours & offers to enrolment to inform the admission planning process;
- Managing re-enrollment of current students with constant monitoring of attrition and retention;
- Following trends in the independent and private schools’ sector.
- Directing the admissions process and maximizing the conversion of inquiries to applications to offers of enrolment;
- Meeting with potential applicants and their families and guiding them through the admission process;
- Conducting individual school tours for prospective applicants and families;
- Preparing and reviewing candidate files according to the selection process;
- Reviewing faculty notes regarding candidates in-school assessment visits, and leading the Admissions Committee;
- Communicating admissions decisions to families;
- Overseeing the student ambassadors’ program;
- Managing and overseeing forms for online inquiries and applications.
Student Recruitment strategy:
- Developing print materials and deploying digital marketing campaigns via various channels that enhance the public awareness and perception of the school;
- Communicating an effective and positive brand awareness for the academy;
- Coordinating the annual Fall open house;
- Representing the school at various functions and events (ex: education fair);
- Updating the website content as needed.
- Serving on the administrative and management teams;
- Supporting the school and its leadership;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Required skills, qualities, and experience:
- Outstanding communication skills in both official languages;
- University degree in communications, marketing, business, education, or other related fields;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with the education sector an asset;
- Passion for exceptional customer service;
- Adept with digital marketing;
- A warm personality, and ability to connect with a wide variety of different people;
- Ease in working with G Suite, Office Suite, WordPress, and database systems.
The successful candidate is required to provide a recent Police Records Check for the vulnerable sector.
Applications will be assessed for suitability as soon as they are received so it is advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
Westboro Academy is a small, independent day school for kindergarten through grade 8. Learn about our history, mission, team, and the Westboro Academy bilingual education advantage.
The rigorous academic program is built on a truly bilingual model for learning. Achieving personal excellence with a strong work ethic, and reaching your best in a supportive environment are keys to success.
Being a part of Westboro Academy includes leadership development, special programs and activities, character defining experiences and service learning opportunities.